For those looking to prepare for spring rowing, or anyone who just wants a fun way to stay active over the winter, WRC offers an 7-week Winter Fitness Program that starts just after the holidays. Rowing is one of the best all-around fitness activities there is, combining both cardio and strength work that involves every major muscle group. We do a variety of activities on the rowing machine (aka the erg), which allow rowers to improve rowing technique while also getting a truly consummate fitness experience. We also do a good mix of cross-training, core work, and stretching, all of which are very important for rowing in particular and personal fitness in general.In addition to regularly held classes, rowers also have the opportunity to participate in a great indoor rowing event. The Hungry Eagle Indoor Sprints, an ergatta hosted by Skyline High School, which brings together middle school and high school rowers from Ann Arbor and the surrounding rowing communities.
Winter Fitness Overview
- Open to students grades 6–8 who have previously completed any WRC program
- 7-weeks, Tuesday January 9th – Saturday Feb 24th
- All sessions completed at Skyline High School in the Commons
- Tuesday 5:45 – 6:45pm, whole session
- Wednesdays 5:45 – 6:45pm, whole session
- Fridays 5:45 – 6:45pm January, 12th, 19th, 26th
- Fridays 7:00 – 8:00pm February, 2nd, 9th, 16th
- Friday February 23rd – No Practice (Day before Hungry Eagle Indoor Sprints)
Your Registration includes entry at the Hungry Eagle Indoor Sprints, hosted by Skyline HS Crew.
To sign up, please complete the steps on the Winter Fitness Program Sign Up page