U23 / Elite Henley Training
U23 Henley Training Group
The Henley Training Group brings together highly motivated U23 athletes to develop speed for competition at Canadian Henley.
Athletes will train in a competitive race preparation environment under Kit Bennett, a coach with the Junior National Team sculling section, Michigan Assistant and former head coach at Hatfield College, University of Durham (UK). The group will have two sessions per day during the training period, focusing on high-level technical instruction and efficiency on the race course.
- 6 weeks training, plus one week trip to Canadian Henley
- Monday – Thursday, 1st session 630am to 8am, 2nd session TBC, once training group is finalized
- Friday 630am to 830am 3 x 2k with the rest of WRC’s training groups
- Morning sessions will all be coached. The second session will vary with coach contact.
- If you turn 22 the year of competition or are younger, you are eligible
2017 Training Group
June 29th – Aug 12/13th, incl. racing at Henley (Aug 5th – Aug 12/13th in St. Catharines, Ontario)
To sign up, please go to the sign up page.
$975 / athlete. Includes coaching and training fees, race entry fees, accommodation at Brock University and some gear. Payment can be split across the summer. As this is a subsidized camp, the fee remains the same, regardless of racing at Henley or not.